Articles of Faith
ARTICLE I – VERBAL INSPIRATION
We believe the Holy Scriptures as contained in the Old and New Testaments. Sixty-six books in all, to be the verbally inspired word and revelation of God, inerrant, infallible, and God breathed. It is the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man. It is God’s complete rule and guide for all Christians, for life and practice. Psalms 19:7-11, II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:16-21
The King James Version shall be the only translation used in every Sunday School class and in the pulpit.
ARTICLE II – THE HOLY TRINITY
The scripture teaches that God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit and that these three are the same in substance and equal in power and glory.
1. God the Father
He is the first person of the Trinity. He is eternal, omnipotent (all powerful), omnipresent (everywhere), immutable (non-changing), omniscient (all knowing), holy, merciful, just and love. Genesis 17:1, Exodus 20:2-3, Psalm 90:2, Psalm 99:9, Psalm 145:7, Psalm 147:5, John 4:24, John 17:11
2. God the Son
He is the second person of the Trinity.
a. Pre-existence – He has always existed. Colossians 1:17
b. Virgin Birth – He is the virgin born incarnate, only begotten son of God, the Virgin Mary being his mother. Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18-25
c. Sinless Life – He lived a sinless life although He was tempted in all points as we are, yet He never sinned. Hebrews 4:15
d. Substitutionary Death – We believe He died the just for the unjust. He voluntarily laid down his life, shedding his blood on a cross to make an atonement for our sins. John 10:15, 17, 18, John 13:37-38
e. His Burial and Resurrection – We believe He was buried and arose bodily from the grave on the third day and appeared to many. Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-14, Luke 24:1-45, John 20:1-29, I Corinthians 15:4, 12-23
f. His Ascension & Intercession – We believe that He ascended bodily into heaven and is now at the right hand of the Father, interceding for the Saints. Mark 16:19, Luke 24:51,
Acts 1:9-11, Hebrews 7:25
g. His Return & Related Events – We believe in His pre-millennial, pre-tribulation, visible imminent return for His saints and his return approximately seven years later to reign with His saints. Matthew 24:36-44, Luke 17:26-36, Acts 1:10-11, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelations 19:11-16
3. God the Holy Spirit
He is the third person of the Trinity. Matthew 28:19
a. He has existed eternally with the Father and the Son. Hebrews 9:14
b. He is the agent in the new birth. Genesis 6:3, John 3:3-6, John 6:44
c. His Work:
1. He exalts Christ. John 16:13-14
2. He reproves the world of sin, of judgement, and righteousness. John 16:8
3. He indwells the believer. I Corinthians 6:19, I Corinthians 3:16
4. He seals. Ephesians 4:30
5. He guides. John 16:13
6. He teaches. John14:26
7. He witnesses. Hebrews 10:15
ARTICLE III – THE DEVIL OR SATAN
We believe that Satan was once holy and enjoyed heavenly honors, but through pride and ambition to be as the Almighty, fell and drew after him a host of angels; that he is now the malignant prince of power of the air, and the unholy god of this world. We hold him to be man’s great tempter, the enemy of God and His Christ, the accuser of the Saints, the author of all false religions, the chief power back of the present apostasy; the lord of the anti-Christ, and the author of all the powers of darkness—destined however to final defeat at the hands of God’s own Son, and to the judgement of an eternal justice in hell, a place prepared for him and his angels final destination. Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:14-17, Revelation 12:9, Jude 6, II Peter 2:4, Ephesians 2:2, John 14:30, I Thessalonians 3:5, Matthew 4:1-3, I Peter 5:8, I John 3:8, Matthew 13:39, Luke 22:3-4, Revelation 12:10, II Corinthians 11:13-15, Mark 13:21-22, I John 4:3, II John 7, I John 2:22, Revelation 13:13-14, II Thessalonians 2:8-11, Revelation 19:11, 16, 20, Revelation 12:7-9, Revelation 20:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Matthew 25:41
ARTICLE IV – CREATION
We believe in the Genesis account of creation, and that it is to be accepted literally, that man was created directly in God’s own image and after His own likeness; that man’s creation was not a matter of evolution or evolutionary change of species, or development through periods of time from lower to high forms; that all animal and vegetable life was made directly, and God’s established law was that they should bring forth only “after their kind.” Genesis 1:1, Exodus 20:11, Acts 4:24, Colossians 1:16-17, Hebrews 11:3, John 1:3, Revelation 10:6, Romans 1:20, Acts 17:23-26, Jeremiah 10:12, Nehemiah 9:6, Genesis 1:26, 27, Genesis 2:21-23, Genesis 1:11, Genesis 1:24
ARTICLE V – FALL OF MAN
We believe that man was created in innocence by God, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state. All mankind are now sinners, under just condemnation without defense or excuse. Genesis 3:1-6, 24, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:19, Romans 3:10-19, Ephesians 2:1,3, Romans 1:18, Ezekiel 18:19,20, Romans 1:32, Romans 1:20, Romans 1:28, Galatians 3:22
ARTICLE VI – SALVATION
1. The New Birth – We believe that Salvation is a free gift from the hand of God for all those who will repent of their sin and by faith receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour. Romans 6:23, John 1:12
2. Security of the Believer – We believe that those who have accepted Christ as their personal Saviour have been born again) are sealed by the holy Spirit and are held in the Father’s hand eternally. (John 10:26-28, Ephesians 4:30) Those who willfully sin after salvation will be chastened (punished) by God as a father would punish a son. (Hebrews 12:5-11) The father-son relationship never changes although sin will mar their fellowship. Saved people are saved eternally from Hell’s condemnation and unto Heaven’s Glory.
ARTICLE VII – THE RESURECTION OF BELIEVERS AND NONBELIEVERS
1. The Resurrection of the Just – We believe that believers will rise bodily at the return of Christ and will meet Him in the air, accompanied by those believers then living on the earth. Luke 14:14, I Thessalonians 4:13-17, Acts 24:15
2. The Resurrection of Unjust – We believe that the bodies of those who are not saved will remain in the grave until approximately one thousand years after the resurrection of believers. John 5:28-32, Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:5-6
ARTICLE VIII – THE JUDGMENT OF BELIEVERS AND NONBELIEVERS
1. Judgment Seat of Christ – We believe the judgment seat of Christ is for believers only and will take place immediately after the rapture. The believers will be rewarded according to their works and faithfulness. II Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10
2. The White Throne Judgment – We believe that the White Throne Judgment is for non-believers only and will take place approximately one thousand years after the Judgment of Believers. All non- believers will be judged according to their works and will be sentenced to the lake of fire to suffer eternal punishment. Luke 12:47-28, Revelation 22:12
ARTICLE IX – HEAVEN
Heaven is a place where Jesus Christ presently resides at the right hand of God the Father, surrounded by the souls of the redeemed who have departed this life, and good angels that minister to the Lord and his children. Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Hebrews 1:3, Revelation 4:1-11, Revelation 5:11-12, Revelation 7:15
ARTICLE X – HELL
Hell is a prepared place for the final abode of the Devil, his angels, and all those who reject Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Matthew 25:41, Psalm 9:17, Revelation 20:14-15
ARTICLE XI – CHURCH ORDINANCES ~ BAPTISM & THE LORD’S SUPPER
1. Baptism – We believe that Christian Baptism is the immersion of the entire body of the believer in literal water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost to show forth in a solemn and beautiful picture of one’s faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Saviour. These baptized believers automatically become members of this local church body. Matthew 3:1-8, Matthew 3:13-17, Matthew 28:19, Mark 1:5-9, Acts 2:41, Romans 6:4-5, Colossians 2:12, I Peter 3:21
We do not believe that Baptism is necessary for salvation but is necessary for obedience and it shows forth one’s good conscience toward God.
2. The Lord’s Supper – We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial supper. In this observance, the unleaven bread is symbolic of His broken body, and the unfermented wine (grape juice) is symbolic of His shed blood.
a. Since this is a local church ordinance, we believe that privileges of partaking of the Lord’s Supper should be for the local church body only. The Pastor shall carefully explain the dangers of eating and drinking unworthily. Each person will be left to their own discretion.
b. The Deacons will assist the Pastor in preparing and serving the supper. Matthew 26:26-29, Mark 14:22-25, Luke 22:14-20, I Corinthians 11:23-30
c. The Lord’s Supper will be observed at least four times yearly.
ARTICLE XII – STEWARDSHIP
We believe that Christian Stewardship should include at least three categories:
1. Tithing – We believe that the Bible teaches that every Christian should give a least ten percent of his total income to the Lord’s work through the local church. Anything given above ten percent is an offering seeing that it is above the tithe. I Corinthians 16:2, Malachi 3:10, Leviticus 27:30, Matthew 23:2
a. This church is to be financed by tithes and offerings only.
b. There will be no church suppers, rummage sales, and the like for the purpose of raising finances.
2. Time – We believe that a Christian should spend a portion of his time in:
a. Daily prayer – I Thessalonians 5:17
b. Daily Bible study – II Timothy 2:15
c. Daily witnessing – Acts 1:8
d. Regular church attendance – Hebrews 10:25
3. Talents –We believe God given talents such as music, writing, teaching, intellect, etc. should be used to God’s glory. Matthew 25:14-29 We believe that to give of your finances, time, and talents is purely an investment. The giver will receive blessings that will far exceed his giving. Malachi 3:10-13, Acts 20:35